Thursday, August 12, 2010

Your Happiness

People say you are with me in my heart

but it sure feels like we’re apart.

They say you are watching over me

to help from a place I cannot see.

It is my belief that you can’t do any more

then you did in this realm before.

And what you did was inspire me

with your uplifting empathy.

Your presence made my days

lifting my spirits always.

Without your nearness life is cold

and it’s your warmth I want to hold.

Your presence brightened a room.

now the empty space is filled with gloom.

Even just to have you lie at my feet

comforted me with peace so sweet.

I try to envision us in my mind

walking in nature while the sun shined.

I smile when picturing your eyes

looking up at me gentle and wise.

But none of these pictures in my mind

fulfill my heart, because I’m left behind.

We were a team, you and me;

I feared nothing and lived carefree.

How do I find my way?

Without you I’m going astray.

But, my dear beloved girl and boy

I know that where you are, there is joy.

And with this knowledge I’ll be okay

Because it’s your happiness for which I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment