Wednesday, August 4, 2010

CoCo made his presence known

It was 4/3/2010 that my sweet little Shih tzu, CoCo passed away from complications from Cushings disease. Not a day has passed that I have not eventually broke into tears. Now, CoCo loved me but he absolutely worshipped my wife. When he died, she took it even harder than me. Anyway, she called me this morning, crying her eyes out. She said she was busy making breakfast, which was CoCo's favorite time of the day. He would be in the kitchen right under her feet waiting on her to finish. She said the other three dogs were sleeping, so it was basically silent except for bacon frying in the pan. CoCo had a very distinct way of getting your attention if he thought you did not notice him waiting. He would snort, and then you would hear him say, "harrumph", which would always make us laugh and smile. Well, she said she heard that loudly in the silence. CoCo' little lifelong companion, Lexi, immediately woke up and her tail started wagging. My wife called me, crying her eyes out. I told her that CoCo was just letting her and Lexi know that he was still with them. It was a sign. Ironically it has been exactly one month since he died. I told her not to cry but rejoice in the fact that his love was so strong it reached across the chasm between life and death to communicate his love. That is true undying love. Hopefully, he will come to me in my dreams or similiarly and give me some inner peace knowing that he knew how very much we loved him.

No comments:

Post a Comment