Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not your average dream

I recently lost two dogs. CoCo passed from Cushings disease on April 3rd and Taterbug passed from congestive heart failure on June 6th. I have cried a million tears for those little dogs. I loved them a lot and miss them immensley. My wife had a visitation from CoCo that I recounted in a posting from earlier. I, however, had not had a dream or anything about them. I was just a tad bit jealous but did not say anything. This is what gives me chills, even as I type this. This morning, my alarm clock went off. I hit the snooze button which gives me 9 more minutes of sleep. I dozed back off and immediately, Taterbug came to me in a dream, squinting her eyes like she used to do when she would give me, "beautiful eyes". Her little tail was wagging and she appeared different. I bent to pick her up and realized, she was younger. I started crying, in my sleep as I picked her up. It was so real, I felt her in my hands again. Then, the dang alarm went back off and I had to get up, tears still rolling down my face. I recounted the dream to my wife and she said, "I just had the exact same dream, was she giving you "beautiful eyes"? I said yes and she started crying saying that the dream she had was at the exact time and was exactly the same. I was blown away that me and my wife could have the same dream at the same time. We cried for 10 minutes about how pretty Taterbug was and that it had to be Taterbug visiting, letting us know that she is fine and not old and frail anymore. I would not have believed it if I had not experienced it. I now await CoCo. I figure Taterbug will show him how to visit us. It has given me a sense of peace that I have not had until now. If CoCo comes to me, I think it would complete the circle and life would go on, not as beautiful as when they were alive but it will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment