Monday, July 6, 2009

Granpa Eddie

I am Eddie Jones. I used to be a US Marine. I also was a narcotics Police Officer. Then, I got in the car business. I rose to the title of General Sales Manager at the third largest Suzuki automobile store in America. Right now, I am unemployed and have been since March 6, 2009. On that day, 5th3rd Bank pulled the floor-plan of our dealership and we had to shut our doors.

It has been hard being unemployed. Not knowing day to day if your utilities are going to be cut-off. Having to provide for a family of five without a job. But, fortunately, we have been lucky and I honestly feel as though God has been helping us through this difficult time. I have had an interim job since unemployment at a local Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealer, but the manager was threatened by my presence and terminated me after three weeks. Well, that was his loss. Right now, my old Suzuki dealer is still working to re-open at which time I will be re-hired and life can start again.

I am a Grandfather of two boys, Riley and Cale. They are beautiful little boys. I haven't been able to see Riley because of custody issues between my son and Riley's mom. I certainly hope that those issues get resolved because I miss him. Cale, however, is all over the internet. He is a beautiful little baby. He lives in Georgia with my oldest son, Chris and his wife Stephanie.

I like bicycles. I ride all the time. I have three mountain bikes and one road/touring bike. The mountain bikes are an Independent Fabrications 29er Single Speed, a Titus Moto-lite, and a Specialized Enduro. My road/touring bike is a Surly Cross Check. I am a little obsessed by biking. Even though I am about 260 lbs., I am the most in shape fat boy you are likely to ever see. I lost a lot of weight riding bikes. In 1999 I weighed over 400 lbs.

My wife is from the Phillipines and we have been married almost 28 years. I have a daughter that is 22 years old and have custody of a niece that is 14 years old. We have 4 dogs, Lexi, CoC0, Taterbug, and Spot. They are treated as if they were little kids.

If you are ever in Alabama, look me up for a ride

No comments:

Post a Comment