Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"I Must Go First"

"I must go first to pave the way"
CoCo said to himself
"Taterbug is fast approaching her Forever Day
and I have to cross over to help"

She puts on a brave face for others
But I know she's scared, frail and gray
I'm tough and strong so I can help her
Journey on her Forever Day

I'll be there waiting so she can see
That I'm healthy, strong and free
When she takes her last earthly breath
And steps into Eternity

I will show her the wonders of Heaven
Through meadow and fields we roam
And we will watch over Momma and Daddy
Till our good Lord calls them home

It could be tomorrow, maybe even today,
or 50 years from now
But the time is known only to one
Only our loving Father can say

But we will wait forever
Side by side, Paw in paw
Until that beautiful day
When Momma and Daddy hear God's call

And as they cross over into the Heavenly light
We will run to them, tails wagging,
And say, "Welcome, Momma and Daddy"
"What took you so long?"
To everyone we've been bragging

Of the love you gave and the tears shed
After we were gone
We wanted to stay-we tried to say
You were never, ever alone

We saw the countless tears you weeped
And knew that inside you were hurting
But the tears were a witness, the angels said
Of your devotion, longing, and loving

So now you are with us again
For Eternity, never to be parted
The moment that you arrived here
Our true lives just got started

No comments:

Post a Comment